This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The origins of Seize date back to 1997, when Sandrine Gouriou and Steven Young collaborated to form the project Seize The Day, with the duo going on to produce their debut EP, Blades. A year later, they changed the name to simply Seize. Following their debut gig in London in 2000, the pair went on to perform across the country.
The duo’s second single, "Victim", was released on 12" white label, featuring a club-oriented remix that was successful in Ibiza. 2001 saw Seize release their first album, Lunacy. The album won outstanding reviews across the world music press, drawing comparisons to the likes of Massive Attack and Portishead.
In order to expand the scope of their live performances, Seize recruited bass guitarist Rosie Harris in 2002, and by now the group were heading towards a more breakbeat and trance direction. With the help of producer Mark O’Grady, the band created remixes, such as the Seize version of The Nursery’s "Caprice".
Seize toured in 2003 across the UK and Europe to promote their forthcoming album, The Other Side of Your Mind. Among others, Radio One and Future Music picked up on the new album, and both made Seize a featured artist.
The band was signed by Belgian label Alfa Matrix in 2003, and The Other Side of Your Mind was released in November of that year, reaching number 8 in the German Alternative Charts. After the album release, Seize toured, with shows including the Wave-Gotik-Treffen festival in Leipzig. 2004 also paved the way for Gouriou, Young, and Harris to spend most of 2005 touring with Steve Strange as a backing band for Visage, playing to crowds of 10,000 people. The following year saw the return of Seize on the tour circuit, this time with the addition of drummer Sean Suleman. Highlights included supporting Apoptygma Berzerk on their UK tour, playing the Swedish Alternative Music Awards, and being asked to support Front 242 at one of their two sell-out 25th-anniversary shows in Brussels.
Despite losing Suleman to Mesh, the album Constant Fight was completed toward the end of 2008 and released in Europe in June 2009; it had a limited release in the UK. The lead single, "Who’s Your Teacher", is a massive departure from the breakbeat/drum-and-bass roots that Seize are well known for. Coming on like a throbbing new-wave funk monster—think Chic brawling with Kraftwerk and Blondie—the accompanying video features iSandi laying down the law, dressed as a school teacher (calm down, boys!).
Michel Radermecker and Paul Jeffrey have now[when?] joined the ranks to finally give Seize the settled lineup they’d been searching for, and with plenty of activity in 2010, it finally looks like Seize are heading for the stars …catch them before they go supernova.
- Sandrine Gouriou - lead vocals, lyrics, music, programming, sampling, keyboards
- Steven Young - backing vocals, lyrics, music, programming, sampling, keyboards
- Rosie Harris - backing vocals, keyboards, bass, visual effects
- Michel Radermecker - drums, percussion, loops
- Paul Jeffrey - guitars, E-bow, vocals, keyboard
Constant Fight (Alfa Matrix 2009)
- Am I Just Like You?
- Wishful Thinking
- One Second Hallucination
- Craving For More
- Who's Your Teacher?
- If Tomorrow Never Comes
- Is There Another Way
- Troubled Mind
- Virtual Love
- Fight For Your Constant Sun
- Sick In The Head
Rematch (Alfa Matrix 2009) Only available in the limited box set edition of 'Constant Fight', that also features a poster, band sticker, presented in a glossed hard card box
- One Second Hallucination (oLO von Borg Remix)
- Who's Your Teacher (Lucky 7 Remix)
- Craving For More (Renegade Of Noise Remix)
- Virtual Love (KC Mix)
- Fight For Your Constant Sun (IÑAKI SANTOS+Julius Mc. Flacher Remix)
- Wishful Thinking (oLO von Borg Mix)
- If Tomorrow Never Comes (iSandi Mix)
- Wishful Thinking (Goteki's Wish Upon A Star Destroyer Remix)
- Craving For More (Push The Mushroom Mix)
- Am I just Like You (Chilled Out In February Mix)
- Constant Sun (DeathBoy Remix)
- Virtual Love (People Theatre’s Surreal Mix)
- Craving For More (Graeme Norgate Desire Mix)
- If Tomorrow Never Comes (Fredrik Muskos Saw Bra RMX)
- Wishful Thinking (Tibia Kickin' Mix)
The Other Side Of Your Mind (Alfa Matrix 2003)
- Don't Let Me
- The Other Side
- Hundred Years
- Too Good To Be True
- Eyes Water
- Lost In Space
- Because Of Me
- Weird Dreams 1
- Unbreakable 1
- Who Am I?
- Vicious Circle
- You Don't Understand
- Bitter And Sad
- Le Dormeur Du Val