This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2019)
Houghton village green
|Area||0.378 km2 (0.146 sq mi)|
|Population||1,168 (2018 estimate)|
|• Density||3,090/km2 (8,000/sq mi)|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
Houghton is a commuter village to the north of Carlisle within the City of Carlisle district of Cumbria, England. It has a sub post office/grocers shop; Restaurant ; hairdressers; a village hall, a school for Key Stage 1 & 2 pupils and a St. John's church. It is the largest settlement in the civil parish of Stanwix Rural. Hadrian's Wall runs past the village to the south along past Whiteclosegate. In 2018 it had an estimated population of 1168. In the Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72 the township had a population of 369.
- "Houghton". City Population De. Retrieved 1 October 2020.
- "History of Houghton, in Carlisle and Cumberland". A Vision of Britain through Time. Retrieved 1 October 2020.
- Donald, Caroline. "The new garden at Houghton Hall, King's Lynn, Norfolk," The Times (London). 11 May 2008.
Media related to Houghton, Cumbria at Wikimedia Commons