|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Inkscape article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Archives: 1, 2|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|The contents of the 2Geom page were merged into Inkscape. For the contribution history and old versions of the redirected page, please see ; for the discussion at that location, see its talk page.|
Relevant list of issues to be fixed
Hi there. My name is Victor. I would like to know, please, what is the relevant list of issues that we need to fix in this article so it looks better and informs wikipedia visitors better as well.
My comprehension on this so far is:
- Article needs more citations
- Article needs more neutral point of view when describing program features
- Article needs more information (# of developers, maybe a newer image)
- Article needs a better file format table (more columns?)
- I need more examples of NPOV articles written here in wikipedia (please, 4 or 5, only LibreOffice is too little examples for me).
- Hi, Victor! Some time ago I decided to overhaul the article and I'm making slow changes to it. This is my private list of things to fix. All comments are to myself, so they may sound all over the place. Take it as a rough guide of what I think about the article:
* Operations on paths – change into prose
* Text support – is that important? Put into object creation
* put useful cleanup tags everywhere: self-published sources, citation needed
* File formats – find source and update the table
* Other features – sources or remove it
* Interface and usability – it's somewhere between release notes and advert. Also, lacking in sources
* lead section – decide what should be put there and then start molding it into sentences
– K4rolB (talk) 08:10, 14 January 2020 (UTC)
Object creation rework
I decided to rework object creation section, because it had many problems, including being overly detailed, list instead of prose, sounding like an advert, and likely being copied from some other source. I replaced it with my work, but I'm fully aware it's not perfect. K4rolB (talk) 14:58, 28 December 2019 (UTC)