Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Alt.tv.simpsons
|This page is an archive. Do not edit the contents of this page. Please direct any additional comments to the current talk page.|
This page is an archive of the discussion surrounding the proposed deletion of the page entitled Alt.tv.simpsons.
This page is kept as an historic record.
Consensus was not reached, so the article was kept.
Just a newsgroup, not important enough. Wyllium 18:46, 2004 May 23 (UTC)
- Delete. Perhaps move some content to The Simpsons. Discussions of usenet troll wars, however, seems unencyclopedic. Satori 19:21, May 23, 2004 (UTC)
- Keep; seems perfectly cromulent to me. Not information of great significance, but it's a decent article. --Ben Brockert :talk: 19:34, May 23, 2004 (UTC)
- Cromulent as in "Used in an ironical sense to mean legitimate, and therefore, in reality, spurious and not at all legitimate. Assumes common knowledge of the inherent Simpsons reference"? So was that a real vote to keep or a pretend one? Duncharris 20:32, May 23, 2004 (UTC)
- Delete, or else alt.fan.uncle-davey will be next Duncharris 20:32, May 23, 2004 (UTC)
- Keep with work. I don't see why articles on newsgroups shouldn't be suitable material. Just that not every newsgroup deserves one. Is there room for this material in the main Simpsons article, or would it get spun back out again? - David Gerard 21:00, May 23, 2004 (UTC)
- Delete. The only really useful part is the reference to The Simpsons Archive, which is already reference in The Simpson. Discussions of USENET troll wars in general might be interesting--although I have the impression we have a plethora of material on this already. One particular incident in one particular newsgroup does not need its own article. Dpbsmith 21:13, 23 May 2004 (UTC)
- Keep. Everyking 23:11, 23 May 2004 (UTC)
- Keep. I've seen more obscure articles on Wikipedia. blankfaze | ♫ 01:38, 24 May 2004 (UTC)
- Delete - both the entry and the trolls are standard to any newsgroup. - Tεxτurε 02:17, 24 May 2004 (UTC)
- Merge with The Simpsons & redirect (or delete). Rossami 03:09, 24 May 2004 (UTC)
- Keep, but re-write. The troll war is a *very* minor item compared to the newsgroup's overall history. a.t.s. has a very extensive and notable history (yes, I used to post to it when I was a regular newsgroup junkie), being one of the oldest and most significant. We're talking 15 year history here. Considering Wiki has entries on all computer games, arguments about a.t.s. not being significant enough because it's 'just a newsgroup' don't fly - I'll add to its history now. Krupo 03:16, 24 May 2004 (UTC)
- Keep. This information could be valuable to fans of the Simpsions. Acegikmo1 01:42, 28 May 2004 (UTC)
- Redir, or merge & redir. Pointless. --Jerzy(t) 04:58, 2004 May 28 (UTC)
- Merge with the Simpsons and redirect. The comic book guy reference seems interesting. Johnleemk 11:45, 28 May 2004 (UTC)
This page is now preserved as an archive of the debate and is no longer 'live'. Subsequent comments on the issue or the deletion should be placed on other relevant 'live' pages. Please do not edit this page.