|• Mayor||Stijn Raeymaekers|
|• Governing party/ies||Eenheid, CD&V|
|• Total||23.55 km2 (9.09 sq mi)|
|• Density||380/km2 (980/sq mi)|
Herenthout (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈɦeːrəntɦʌu̯t]) is a municipality located in the province of Antwerp in Belgium. The municipality only comprises the town of Herenthout proper, including Uilenberg. On January 1, 2018, Herenthout had a total population of 8,951 people. The total area is 2352.55 km², with a population density of 355 inhabitants per km².
This village is also well known for having the officially recognized oldest organized carnival parade in Belgium, with the first edition dating back to February 1882. The mascot of the parade is named "Peer Stoet".
- Jürgen Raeymaeckers (1985) – football striker who currently plays for K. Lyra T.S.V.
- Wim Vandekeybus (1963) – actor, choreographer, dancer and film director
- Johan Van Herck (1974) – former professional tennis player
- "Wettelijke Bevolking per gemeente op 1 januari 2018". Statbel. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- Media related to Herenthout at Wikimedia Commons
|This Antwerp location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|